September is Food Safety Education Month according to FoodSafety.gov.
Healthy eating means more than managing calories or choosing a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods. The best healthy eating plans also involve safe food handling, cooking, and storage practices that help prevent food poisoning and foodborne illness.
This year, an estimated 1 in 6 Americans will get sick from food poisoning. Find out what you can do to keep you and your family safe.
- Check your Steps: Following four simple steps – Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill – can help protect your family from food poisoning at home.
- Keep Food Safe by Type of Food: Get the latest tips and techniques to keep specific foods safe and prevent food poisoning.
- Keep Food Safe by Type of Events and Seasons: Whether you’re planning a small summer cookout or a big holiday celebration, a camping trip or a potluck dinner, you need to follow special precautions to ensure that you and your guests are safe from food poisoning.
- Food Safety in a Disaster or Emergency: Find out how to keep food safe during and after an emergency, such as a hurricane, flood, fire, or loss of power.
- FoodKeeper App: Use this app to help you use food while at peak quality and reduce waste.
Check out this site for more information https://www.foodsafety.gov/