Finding humor in the circumstances of life can lift moods with laughter. Humor helps people to better deal with and overcome difficult experiences according to mental health professionals with Four Mind Four Body.
Levels of stress hormones decrease when you find humor in life. Your heart, lungs, and muscles are stimulated and there is increased activity in parts of the brain’s reward system. Endorphins, the body’s natural pain blockers, are released according to medical experts in the field.
There are many benefits to your physical health when you incorporate humor as part of keeping your mental health balanced.
You will have a stronger immune system, improved mood and anxiety relief; better interactions with others; and less burnout on the job.
How can you find humor in life? Here are some tips:
- Make a list of three funny things that happened to you each day.
- Find a humour television show that makes you laugh.
- Go see a stand up comedy show or find one on your favorite on-demand media.
- Have a game night with family or friends.
- Read a funny book.
- Spend time with an animal or a child. Watch how they interact with what life throws at them.
- Find funny memes on the internet or a funny joke and post or frame them around your environment.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Help raise awareness about mental health is just as important as your physical health.
If you or someone you know needs help with their mental health call Eastpointe today!