Apply Now for the NCDPI 2018 Student Leadership Institute
In its seventh year, the institute, is designed to prepare students to take active roles in their schools and communities through service experiences that are aligned to the curriculum. It is divided into three cohorts: (1) rising fourth and fifth graders, (2) rising sixth through eighth graders, and (3) rising ninth through twelfth graders. Prospective participants register as a team of 4-6 students with at least one adult mentor from their school or district.
Selected teams will receive:
- Team building experiences;
- Hands on, minds-on learning from experienced trainers in character and leadership development;
- Experiential learning experiences;
- Service-learning action-planning;
- Evening activities that are fun, reflective, and impactful;
- Tools and materials to support service-learning, character building, and leadership development beyond the Institute.
All expenses are paid for participants to include: meals, lodging, and transportation to and from the experiential learning site.
Click here for more information and to apply today. Applications are due by 5:00 pm EDT on Wednesday, April 25, 2018Share: