Today, Dr. Teresa (Terri) Duncan, Director of the Bladen County Health and Human Services Agency, announced Bladen County Health Department received an additional limited supply of COVID vaccines.
Beginning Friday, January 22, 2021, Bladen County Health Department COVID HOTLINE (910-872-6291) staff will begin making appointments until open slots are filled.
Persons in Group 1 and Group 2 may call the hotline from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Following are the explanations of the groups as defined by Dr. Duncan in a press release.
• Group 1 Health care workers and Long-term care staff and residents — ACTIVE
• Group 2 Older adults (defined as 65 and above) — ACTIVE
• Group 3 Frontline essential workers — NOT YET OPEN
• Group 4 Adults at high risk for exposure and increased risk of severe illness — NOT YET
• Group 5 Everyone who wants a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination — NOT YET OPEN
Dr. Duncan stated in the press release, “Moving forward, the COVID HOTLINE is the way to secure an appointment.”
She added, “We understand this has been a frustrating time for everyone trying to secure a vaccine. Your continued patience and understanding is appreciated.”
Below is today’s COVID-19 Update from Bladen County Health Department.