by Bladen Online Team
Every Thursday the BladenOnline team publishes a new video with recipes. In last week’s video, Nicole and Charlotte made a Mexican Meatloaf with Microwave Potatoes, fresh green beans, and for dessert, Monkey Bread.
Following are the ingredients and directions Nicole and Charlotte gave on the video.
- Two pounds of ground beef
- Two teaspoons of minced garlic
- Two teaspoons dried cilantro
- One teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- A dash of hot Pepper sauce or Tabasco (optional)
- One tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or regular onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red and or green bell peppers
- Frozen Corn
- Two cans of Rotel tomatoes
- One egg
- Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 cup of Salsa
- Shredded Cheese
- Green beans
- Olive Oil
- Ultimate Steak Seasoning
- Rustic herb seasoning
- Three cans of the 8-10 count biscuits
- One cup of regular sugar
- One cup of brown sugar
- A teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter
Charlotte and Nicole will start with the meatloaf because it takes the longest to cook. Then the green beans and the microwaved potatoes. Last, they will cook the monkey bread.
Instructions for the Meatloaf:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the ground beef, minced garlic, cilantro, pepper, salt, hot sauce, and taco seasoning in a large bowl.
- Crush the tortilla chips.
- Add the onions, peppers, corn, tomatoes, egg, and tortilla chips to the bowl.
- Make sure to mix all the ingredients well.
- Put the mixture in a large baking dish (they used a 13×11) and then put it into the oven for 30 minutes at 350°.
- After the 30 minutes have passed, take the meatloaf out of the oven.
- Top with 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup more of crushed tortilla chips, and 1/2 shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Put the meatloaf back into the oven for 35 minutes more at 350°.
Instructions for the Green Beans:
- Put the green beans in a bowl. Then add Olive Oil. (Feel free to use whatever seasoning you like.)
- Then put the mix in the oven at 350°. Cook until desired tenderness.
Instructions for the Microwaved Potatoes:
- Lubricate a bowl with oil.
- Cut the potatoes into slices, and quarter them.
- Place the slices in the lubricated bowl.
- Add seasonings of your preferences.
- Once you have your potatoes properly seasoned and oiled, put the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Put the bowl with the potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- After the first 5 minutes, check the potatoes, and stir them. If necessary, add more oil.
Instructions for the Monkey Bread:
- Cut the biscuits into quarters and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, the regular sugar, and half of the brown sugar. Mix all together.
- Place biscuits in a microwave-safe container (they used a Stack Cooker 3-qt./3 L Casserole with Cone)
- Melt the butter.
- Mix remaining brown sugar and the melted butter.
- Pour the melted butter and brown sugar mix over the biscuits.
- Put the biscuits in the microwave for 10- 12 minutes.
- When done, let the biscuits rest for at least five minutes before turning out onto a platter.
This week Nicole, Danna and Charlotte celebrated National Buttermilk Biscuits Day with a special recipe serving them with cubed steak, brussel sprouts and more! Next week the ingredients and directions from the video will be published.
We invite you to join our Week Recipe Videos on the Bladen Online Youtube Channel.