The process will be multi-step to allocate generic base acres to seed cotton base acres. Steps for implementing the allocation of seed cotton are:
1. Determine if a covered commodity was planted on the farm during the 2009 through 2016 crop years.
2. Identify planted and considered planted (P&CP) history of covered commodities, including upland cotton, on the farm with generic base acres.
3. Current owner(s) of the farm allocate generic base acres to seed cotton or allocate generic base to seed cotton and other planted covered commodities as applicable.
4. Current owner(s) of the farm updates the seed cotton yield.
5. Current producer(s) on the farm elects the applicable program for seed cotton, unless ARC-Individual Coverage (ARC-IC) was previously elected on the farm. READ MOREShare: