05/22/2019
  • 12:06 am SFSGA Plays May 22 At Bayonet Golf Course
  • 12:02 am Bladen Recreation Softball Standings, Results
  • 11:56 pm HCA Golf Tournament Raises Money For Athletics
  • 11:51 pm Hancock To Play in Creed Junior Boys Invitational
  • 11:47 pm West Bladen’s Brust, East Bladen’s Norris Receive Golf Honors
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

By Erin Smith

A fire that broke out in a locker in the welding shop on Wednesday afternoon at West Bladen High School caused very little damage, said Principal Peggy Hester. All activities planned for the evening at the school will go on as planned.

The fire was reported at 4 pm. Everyone was evacuated from the building and accounted for according to officials. No injuries were reported.

“Something hot was put into a locker and that smoldered and caught the locker on fire,” said Hester. The fire melted two sets of lockers and the damage was contained to those lockers. No other damage was reported to the school.

The Dublin Fire Department responded to the call.

Share:
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail
bladenonline

RELATED ARTICLES