By: Healthworks Fitness & Wellness
June is Men’s Health Month and June 15th through June 21st is Men’s Health Week. Men’s Health Week is celebrated every year the week leading up to and including Father’s Day. The purpose of Men’s Health Week is to bring awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection and treatment of diseases among men and boys. Healthworks Fitness and Wellness wants men to know their health is important by giving men health options, tips, and discounts on memberships.
This month Healthworks would like to encourage men to participate in the following five tips:
1. Keep score of your health. Men should see their healthcare providers on a regular basis. Some diseases do not have any noticeable symptoms. Regular checkups can help diagnose issues early.
2. Eat healthy with a variety of fruits and vegetables every day. They are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and other natural resources your body craves that may help protect against chronic diseases. Limit your fat, sugar, salt and high calorie drinks.
3. Stress should be limited. Sometimes stress is good, however, it can be harmful to you when it is severe. Avoid alcohol and drugs, take care of yourself, and find support. Mediation and exercise can be a healthy way to deal with stress.
4. Rest well and get your sleep in. According to studies insufficient sleep is associated with chronic diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and depression. The National Sleep Foundation recommends seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. According to studies adults need two and half hours of moderate-intensity aerobic activity. Men may get these exercise hours logged by brisk walking, swimming, and biking.
Healthworks Fitness and Wellness wants to help make it easier for men to get their exercise in by offering two specials. Get Dad the Father’s Day Special, pay for two month’s get the third month free or take advantage of the summer special with a discount for a three month membership. Stop in Healthworks at 1001 West Broad Street in Elizabethtown to find out more.
Share this article using the shortlink: https://bladenonline.com/?p=16222