By: Gordon Kinlaw
Price Comparisons Using Walmart App – Free
Walmart has introduced a new option in their app called “Savings Catcher”. The new option will allow you to scan your receipts and keep them electronically. After you scan your receipt in, Walmart will compare each item’s price against competitors sale flyers to make sure you got the lowest price at Walmart. If they find a lower price, you will be emailed about how much you credit is due to you. The credit is collected as a gift card from the Savings Catcher web page.
Requirements: Your receipts must be scanned within 7 days and the items are mostly grocery items. Read the list of applicable items on the web page. If you shop for groceries at Walmart, this app may be useful to you. See the screen shots below.
Amazon Echo $179
The Echo is a Tom-Cruise/Siri kind of device that listens to your commands, speaks and takes actions. It has 7 microphones and 360 degrees of speakers to fill the room with sound. Here’s some of the features:
- Plays \music from Prime Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn
- Fills the room with immersive, 360o omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks
- Reports the news, traffic and weather, sports scores and schedules
- Gives info on local businesses
- Controls lights and switches smart home devices
- Gets smarter as you use it
I’m sure there is an app to go with it and a web page to help you connect the Echo to services and home devices. It is not compatible with Apple’s homekit. See the introduction video https://youtu.be/ KkOCeAtKHIc
Prime USB Charger $15!
I found this at Lowe’s yesterday and I think I like it! It is an adapter for your outlet that provides 3 power outlets and 2 USB charging ports with surge protection. The USB ports have red/green lights that show the charging state of your device.
The top has a slot that holds your phone to save counter space. It has enough power to charge your iPad.