The Low Income Energy Assistance Program or LIEAP begins December 1, 2015. Applications will be accepted for households that have a member age 60 and above or disabled person(s) receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services.
Beginning January 4, 2016, provided funds are still available all other household may apply for assistance. In an effort to expedite the decision process for the household application, we are asking that the following information be provided at the time of the application:
- Verification of Earned and Unearned Income
- Provide Social Security Number for each household member
- Verification of Resources (Savings and Checking Account Statements, Retirement Account, Stocks, Bonds)
- Current Utility bill ( Gas, Oil, Electric bill)
- North Carolina Drivers’ License or valid NC Photo ID Card
- If Utility Bill is not in applicants name, a written statement from the person whose name the bill is in, must be provided stating the applicant is responsible for the payment of the bill
Citizens may come by the Department of Social Services located at 208 East McKay Street from 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday to apply for LIEAP. For general information or additional questions, please call (910) 862-6800.
Share on social media using link: https://bladenonline.com/?p=34633Share: