The National Weather Service of Wilmington released a mid-week weather briefing today. The briefing warns severe weather is possible on Wednesday.
Highlights of the briefing:
- Slight Chance of Severe Weather (Level 2 of 5) this afternoon and evening, mainly after 4 pm and before 12 am.
- This means that scattered short-lived severe storms are possible.
- Main threat is damaging wind gusts
- There is a small chance of a tornado and quarter-sized hail.
- Frost or freeze conditions likely on Friday and Saturday morning.
- This may lead to widespread damage to sensitive plants and crops.
This midweek Briefing only covers the period from today through Friday, April 2nd *