Online Voter Guide & Registration Deadline for June 7 Primarybladenonline 05/16/2016 0 COMMENTS
RALEIGH – Beginning today, voters in North Carolina will have access to an online voter guide for the June 7 primary. The eleven-page guide prepared by the State Board of Elections is designed to inform voters of key election dates, primary candidates for N.C. Supreme Court, voter ID requirements and exceptions.
“We hope voters use our online voter guide and participate in the June 7 primary for U.S. House and N.C. Supreme Court,” said Executive Director Kim Westbrook Strach.
The guide contains statements and information about four candidates competing in a primary for associate justice on the N.C. Supreme Court. Filing for that office opened in March after a court struck down a retention election process that had been available to sitting justices.
Several pages contain information on voter ID requirements and exceptions. Additional information is available online: VoterID.nc.gov.
With 25 days remaining until the June 7 primary, there are some important dates to keep in mind.
· Today, May 13 – regular registration deadline (voters may register during early voting)
· Thursday, May 26 – one stop early voting begins
· Tuesday, May 31 – deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail
· Saturday, June 4 – one stop early voting ends at 1 p.m.
· Monday, June 6 – military and overseas deadline for receipt of voter registration and absentee ballot request
· Tuesday, June 7 – primary election day (polls open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m.)
The North Carolina State Board of Elections is the state agency charged with overall responsibility for administration of the elections process and campaign finance disclosure in North Carolina. The office of the State Board of Elections works in conjunction with County Board of Elections offices to ensure that elections are conducted lawfully and fairly.
For additional information visit North Carolina State Board of Elections website at www.ncsbe.gov.Share: