Residents of Bladen County voice your opinions
- Local News
- 1 Comment
Budget time is approaching for the Bladen County Board of Commissioners this new year. Each year the public is asked for feedback, and this year is no different. The county commissioners sent out an email Friday, February 10th expressing the value of citizen involvement in County government.
The elected board has invited the public to comment on budget priorities as the County of Bladen develops the Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Budget. Residents are encouraged to share feedback and priorities to help guide the upcoming budget development process.
There are a few ways to provide input:
- Visit the County’s website at www.bladeninfo.org
- Print and complete the form by clicking here, and mail it by March 13, 2017 to the County Manager’s Office at PO Box 1048, Elizabethtown, NC 28337.
- People who do not have access to the internet can call the County Manager’s Office at 910-862-6700 to have a paper copy of the survey mailed to them.
- Email survey responses, budget comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All feedback received will be provided to the County Commissioners; or,
- Attend the County Commissioners pre-budget public hearing on Monday, March 20 at 6:30 p.m. in the Commissioners Room, Room B6 of the Bladen County Courthouse, 166 Broad Street. The County Manager plans to present the recommended budget to the Board of County Commissioners on May 15. Following the proposal, the Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing to receive feedback on the proposed budget on June 5 at 6:30 p.m. The County’s fiscal year is July 1 to June 30, and the Board of County
Commissioners must adopt a budget no later than July 1. The email from the county said, “Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your priorities for the upcoming Budget. Your involvement is valued and greatly appreciated.”Share: