April 28, 2020
Columbus County, NC
Columbus County has nine new cases of COVID-19 to report today. Our current total number of COVID-19 cases stands at 103. Six of the nine new cases are connected to the same large, family gathering noted in previous press releases. Three of the nine new cases are connected with other previous positive cases – none of the new positive individuals have been hospitalized at this time.
The Columbus County Health Department has received notice from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services that they will begin releasing the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases by zip code (if the population is more than 500) later this week – we will release more information about this change in the coming days. The Columbus County Health Department will continue to provide daily COVID-19 updates.
With the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths continuing to rise in Columbus County, we are BEGGING the public to take the necessary measures to stop the transmission of COVID-19. The Columbus County Health Department would like to remind everyone of the recommended measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which are:
• Social distancing (e.g. avoiding crowds, self-quarantining, no mass gatherings, only going out in public when necessary)
• Wearing a mask or face covering when in public places
• Washing hands frequently with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds each time
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who are ill
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, throw it away, and then wash your hands
• Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
Public Health continues to work with our health and safety partners in the community to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to provide daily updates. The Columbus County Health Department regularly updates our Facebook page with accurate and current information regarding COVID-19 and Columbus County. For more information regarding, prevention, symptoms, reputable sources, and other important information please see our previous COVID-19 updates and press releases at Facebook.com/columbuscountyhealth. For information, you can also reach the Columbus County Health Department’s COVID-19 Call Center by calling 910-640-6615 ext. 7045 or 7046. The call center hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.Share: