Press "Enter" to skip to content

Thoughts While Shaving for June 18

According to the calendar, we are near summertime, arrival date is Friday, June 21 at 6:01:45 a.m. Sunset will be at 8:30:32 p.m. Add it up, the length of the day is 14:28:46 (hours, minutes, seconds).

Temps are expected to be summer like. Friday’s weather forecast, sunny with a high near 92. Between now and then, a 20% to 50% chance of rain. Today, high near 88, windy and a 20% chance of rain, increasing to 30% chance tonight with a low around 74. Wednesday, a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms with high near 89. Our best chance for rain is Wednesday night … 50%.

Filing date for municipal elections is approaching, more later.

A reminder of the annual meeting of the Elizabethtown-White Lake Chamber of Commerce this evening at Lu Mil. Deadline for attending was yesterday. Call the Chamber office for additional info.

The annual Sidewalk Sale begins Friday, June 28th and continues thru Saturday, July 6th … and one more date to remember. … The annual fireworks will be held July 4th at White Lake. Usually begins around 9 p.m. or shortly after.

Thanks for your continued support of BladenOnline … Bladen’s Best Source for Local News … Local news for local folks by folks who live and work here … And The Best Is Yet To Come.

“When God tells me to butt my head against a rock wall, it is my place to butt. It’s the Lord’s place to go through it.” Author unknown

Success can be defined in many ways, but failure in only one … quitting!

“I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June?” L.M. Montgomery

“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” Sam Keen

robert g hester
rgh@intrstar.net
910-876-2322

Share:
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail
Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.