The Toys for Tots campaign in Bladen County is in need. The district director, Ms. Carmen Jones reported there are currently 88 local families registered for the program.
Ms. Jones wants to ensure children will have a brighter Christmas this year with the benefits from Toys for Tots. She is reaching out to the area residents and business owners for assistance.
“We need new, unwrapped toys donated and we need volunteers,” Ms. Jones said.
Toys for Tots is a program organized by the United States Marine Corps Reserve which distributes toys every year to children whose parents cannot afford to buy them gifts for Christmas.
In 2018, Bladen, Duplin, Sampson and Wayne Counties distributed 8,164 toys and supported 5,000 children according to Toys for Tots reports.
To help with the Toys for Tots campaign in the mother county you may drop off a new, unwrapped toy before December 13th at one of the drop off locations listed below:
* Bladen County Public Libraries in Bladenboro, Clarkton and Elizabethtown.
* Cape Fear Heating & Cooling, LLC office located at 1110 S. Poplar Street, Elizabethtown.
* CresCom Bank located at 201 W. Broad Street, Elizabethtown.
* Lu Mil Vineyard located at 438 Suggs-Taylor Road, Elizabethtown. (near Dublin).
* The Rent-A-Center located at 1311 West Broad Street in Elizabethtown.
* The Division on Aging located at 608 McLeod Street in Elizabethtown.
* Senior Centers in Bladenboro and Elizabethtown.
* Sharon View Credit Union located at 166616 NC Hwy. 87 in Tar Heel.
If you would like to be added to one of the locations to have a Toys for Tots donation box placed in your business or if you are interested in assisting in the program you may contact Carmen Jones at 910-224-0082.
If you would like to apply for assistance from Toys for Tots you may visit their website: toysfortots.org. All requests for toys must be submitted by December 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.