The Trooper Kevin Conner Memorial Scholarship deadline has been extended, according to Emily Dowless with the Trooper Kevin Conner Memorial Scholarship Foundation. The scholarship is given in honor of NCSHP Master Trooper Kevin Keith Conner, who was killed in the line of duty on October 17, 2018. Kevin was a humanitarian and public servant, both on and off of the job.
This annual award is given to an eligible High School Senior from Bladen County and Columbus County and who has made a difference and inspired countless others to consider how they contribute to their communities to make our world a brighter place. The deadline to apply is April 17, 2020.
In order to be eligible for this award, the applicant must:
· Be a legal resident of the United States
· Be a legal resident of Columbus or Bladen County
· Be a High School Senior in one of the following School Districts: Columbus County Schools, Whiteville City Schools, or Bladen County Schools
· Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
· Be a leader in their communities who have participated in community service and/or volunteer activities (emphasis will be placed on this part of the application)
· Must have been accepted at an accredited 4-year university for full time status of 12 or more credit hours and plan to start school in the fall of the award year.
· Leadership experience, community service, volunteer activities
· Academic GPA
· Participation in school-related activities
· Letters of reference
· Interview (for semi-finalists only)
Apply or find out more at: https://sites.google.com/columbus.k12.nc.us/trooper-kevin-conner-memorial-/home