A celebration to remember is coming to town. Fans of Whoville, the Grinch, and other Christmas-themed events have the opportunity to join in some festive fun.
Vanessa McNeill in the Tar Heel Community announced the Whoville Village would invade Chicken Foot Road this Thanksgiving and come back for holiday fun on Saturdays.
Organizers explained the event will run on Thursday, November 25, 2021, and every Saturday evening from 5 pm until 9 pm from December 4 until December 18, 2021.
According to McNeill, admission to the event is free, and there is a whole list of exciting things to take advantage of during the Whoville Invasion.
The list includes:
- Train rides for small kids and Christmas hayrides for older children and adults will be offered.
- Walk-thru Christmas lights
- Making of Grinch ornaments
- Letter writing to Santa
- Watch the movie of the Grinch that Stole Christmas
- Gift giveaway drawing every 30 minutes.
- Hot chocolate
- Candy in the candy store
- S’mores campfire and warm soup
- Photos with the Grinch will be available for $5.00.
McNeill said, “It’s a small event, but it’s large enough for the kids and the community.” According to McNeill, on Thanksgiving night at 5 pm, Mayor May Who, Santa Clause, Martha May Who, Cindy Lou Who, Teacher Rue Who, and the Cat and the Hat will all be featured in the invasion.
Parents are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a movie with children.
The Whoville Invasion will be held at 704 Chicken Foot Road in Tar Heel, NC.