Winter Weather Advisory issued for Bladen County beginning at 4 a.m. Sunday
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for up to an inch of snow which is in effect from 4 AM to 2 PM EDT Sunday.
* Hazard Types…Snow, mainly grassy and non-roadway surfaces, significant or widespread accumulations on highways and roads are not expected due to warmer sub-soils beneath the concrete surfaces, but patches of snow and ice on bridges and overpasses will be possible.
* Accumulations…Up to an inch through Sunday morning. Any snowfall with either change over to rain, or end into Sunday early afternoon.
* Timing…Mainly pre-dawn Sunday through Sunday morning.
* Impacts…Bridges and overpasses may accumulate patches of snow and ice, as well as walkways, steps, and hand railings, thus
increasing the potential for slipping.
* Winds…Northeast 10 to 15 mph.
* Temperatures…Low and middle 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will occur. Be prepared for slippery surfaces. Visibilities may be reduced to a few miles in periods of snow, or rain mixed with snow.Share: