Press "Enter" to skip to content

Community joining forces to help victims of home fire in Clarkton

“No one has ever become poor by giving,” a quote by Anne Frank used by Amy Huggins this weekend while thanking the community for coming together to help a local family who lost their home to a fire on Thursday.

The home was located on Elkton Road in Clarkton. The fire was believed to have started in a faulty wire in the exhaust fan over the stove, according to Huggins, a member of a disaster recovery team.

No one was home at the time. The house belongs to Doug Lockamy and Jessica Evers Pait. There are also two children who reside in the home according to Huggins.

“I just left there and took a walk through and it is completely heartbreaking. A total loss from one end to the other,” Huggins said.

“If anyone wants to help in anyway, they may contact me,” she added. Amy Huggins may be found on Facebook and has asked people interested in helping to private message her on through Facebook messenger. You may also call 910-991-6394.

Share:
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail
Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.