By: Haylie Robinson
Summer is coming up, meaning it’s time for vacation with family, friends, or just yourself! This also means you need places to consider visiting in North Carolina; North Carolina is full of sites; we have cities, mountains, and beaches. Many different areas to explore, like the historic town of Manteo or the colorful places such as Asheville.
North Carolina is known for having many different areas to travel to. So, why don’t we jump right into five places to visit?
- Asheville: As stated earlier, Asheville is a beautiful colorful city that rests in the foothills of the renowned Blue Ridge Mountains. There are plenty of things to do in Asheville, such as shopping downtown, visiting the Biltmore Estate, riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway, or hiking. With so many different things to do, no one will ever get bored. Explore more about Asheville by clicking here.
- Old Salem: Old Salem is a town that started in 1766, according to www.nctripping.com, and is packed with history. Most of the city still looks like it did in the past. Most of the buildings are the original buildings. It’s a fantastic spot to find different cultures and see excellent historical sites.
- Kitty Hawk: This beach is located in the NC Outer Banks; it’s known to be a clean, beautiful beach and also the home to Orville and Wilbur Wright. This beach is historic and beautiful, with multiple things to do, such as hiking, kayaking, swimming, and much more. Find 25 things to do at Kitty Hawk by reading this link; click now.
- Raleigh: If you want to see the cities in North Carolina, why not visit the capital? With this town being the capital, there are many different things to do. With the North Carolina Museums located here, there are also many other places to see. Pollen Park, for instance, or the North Carolina State Capitol. To read more about a visit to Raleigh, click here.
- White Lake: White Lake is a perfect place to relax. It’s right outside of Elizabethtown; it has a lake to swim in, restaurants, an arcade, gift shops, and more. There’s everything you could need at White Lake or Elizabethtown. Read more about what White Lake offers at the Elizabethtown-White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce website.