We can all “LIVE UNITED” and support United Way of Bladen County in their fundraising efforts. The 3rd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Fun Day fundraising event will be held from 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday, March 14, 2019 at Cape Fear Vineyard & Winery in the Elizabethtown Industrial Park.
Events for the day include a 5K run starting at 9 am, Kids zone activities, facepainting, 4-H crafts and activities, 4-H bake sale, and visits with the live animals on the surrounding farm, and much more!
United Way of Bladen County supports initiatives in Bladen County that serves families and children. Currently funded programs include Families’ First, Inc; Foster Kids programs through the Department of Social Services, and Bladen County 4-H Youth Development Program. All monies raised through this FUNdraising effort stay in the county offering much needed financial support to local initiatives.
Stacie Kinlaw, a member of the Bladen County United Way board, gave six ways to assist the local non-profit. They are listed below.
1) VOLUNTEER your time – sign up here https://forms.gle/vkZv9aY4v5AFADaq7
2) SPONSOR this event – sponsor forms can be found here: https://bladen.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/sponsor-form.docx or are available by email or mail upon request; in order to be listed on event t-shirts please submit information ASAP
3) RUN or WALK in our 5K Fun – Registration Forms – found here https://bladen.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/race-registration-form.pdf?fwd=no or can be picked up at the Extension office or DreamWorks
4) SHARE this event on FACEBOOK – check out United Way of Bladen County for current posts
5) COME OUT AND Join the fun on the 14th – Listen to GREAT music, visit vendor booths,
play fun games, and help us raise money for this great community organization
6) PROMOTE your business or organization with a vendor space – contact Stacie Kinlaw
for more information – WE NEED MORE VENDORS!!!