ELIZABETHTOWN – East Bladen defeated Red Springs 2-0 Thursday in Three Rivers Conference jayvee volleyball action by set scores of 25-19 and 25-15.
Four consecutive service points from Sara Gargala propelled the Lady Eagles to a 13-10 lead in the first set. Service points from sophmore Abbie Cross and freshman Katie Evans kept East Bladen ahead 19-16.
Gargala tallied 2 more service points that pushed the lead to 23-18. Freshman Kayleigh Raynor served out the set at 25-19.
A pair of Cross service points staked the Lady Eagles to a 13-10 lead in Set Two. Evans knocked in a pair of service points that padded the East lead to 18-13. Two more service points from Gargala stretched the margin to 23-14.
Gargala led the Lady Eagles with 9 service points, while Cross totaled 7 service points. Raynor and Evans finished with 3 service points each. Cheylee Mathis added 2 service points, and freshman Alyssa Futrell had one service point.
On Tuesday the Lady Eagle jayvees lost 2-0 to South Columbus by set scores of 25-23 and 25-16.
JV Volleyball: East Bladen 2, Red Springs 0
Spread the love
More from Local NewsMore posts in Local News »
- Beck Black’s First Full Album, Hollywood Blvd, is Out Now
- Local Restaurant Celebrates National Pizza Day
- Deadline extended for poultry and livestock, plasticulture and forestry producers to apply for 2018-2019 hurricane disaster relief programDeadline extended for poultry and livestock, plasticulture and forestry producers to apply for 2018-2019 hurricane disaster relief program
- New Attitudes Salon is Relocating
- Bladen Smart Start Offers Children Opportunities for Success
More from NewsMore posts in News »