The 2020 United States Census is being collected and partners participating can help Bladen County. The data collected from the US Census helps determine political representation for the state and the amount of funding invested in communities. Census data helps decide how more than $16 billion in federal funding gets used each year. By completing the 2020 Census, you will help:
* Determine the number of representatives in Congress for North Carolina
* Allocate federal funds in North Carolina
* Establish the boundaries for voting and school districts
* Provide information needed to improve schools, roads, health care, emergency response and other services in your community.
Local governments, businesses, schools, tribes, community organizations, faith-based groups and individuals all have a role to play in making the Census a success for North Carolina. Groups can also form local complete count committees to help:
* Spread the word on the importance of the 2020 Census in your community
* Help recruit census workers
* Promote awareness of the 2020 Census through social media, publications, word of mouth, web, mail and other media platforms.
Completing the survey is quick and easy to do. You can complete your Census questionnaire online, by phone or on paper. By using your phone, tablet or computer, or simply grabbing a pencil or pen, you can complete the questionnaire, spending less than 10 minutes on what can impact your community in the next 10 years.
The process is safe, easy and important and you can respond in one of three ways:
Online by visiting my2020census.gov.
By phone by calling 1-800-923-8282. For information on language support, click here for a listing of telephone numbers.
Be sure you #MakeNCCount. You can complete your Census questionnaire through August 14.