• 11:57 am Bladen’s Best of the Best for 2019
  • 11:35 am Updated news about Bladen County Election Investigations
  • 4:35 pm Tillis & Sinema Introduce Bipartisan Legislation To Give Veterans Who Honorably Served Access To The American Legion
  • 4:01 pm Arraignment date for former Elizabethtown doctor and girlfriend rescheduled
  • 3:56 pm Letter to the Editor: Rebuttal to Sen. Thom Tillis’ Requests More Details From Administration On Offshore Drilling And Plans To Protect North Carolina
  • 2:33 pm State to hold last of two public meetings on draft Animal Feeding Operations General Permits
  • 2:03 pm Proposed legislation to make cell phone use while driving illegal in NC

USDA’s Farm Service Agency extended deadlines on many of its programs because of the government shutdown and the emergency nature of many of the programs. Below are updated deadlines:

*** For details on all program deadlines and extensions, view FSA National Notice CM-807

Farm Programs:

Market Facilitation Program
Deadline to apply extended to Feb. 14, 2019

Marketing Assistance Loans
If loan matured in December 2018, settlement date extended to Feb. 14, 2019
Peanut loans or Loan Deficiency Payments – loan availability date now Feb. 28, 2019

Emergency Conservation Program
Performance reporting due Feb. 14, 2019

Livestock Forage Disaster
2018 application for payment due Feb. 28, 2019

Emergency Assistance Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish Program
Notice of loss due Feb. 14, 2019

Livestock Indemnity Program
Notice of loss due Feb. 14, 2019

Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program
Submitting 2019 application for coverage due Feb. 14, 2019

Notice of loss for 72-hour harvest and grazing (as applicable) due Feb. 14, 2019

Notice of loss for prevented planting and failed acres due Feb. 14, 2019

Applications for payment for 2018 covered losses due Feb. 14, 2019

Tree Assistance Program
Notice of loss due Feb. 14, 2019

Acreage Reporting
January reporting deadlines extended to Feb. 14, 2019. For inquiries related to these programs or any not listed above, please contact your local USDA Service Center.