Lower Cape Fear Hospice’s Festival of Trees for Bladen and Columbus counties will feature special events each day in addition to its large assortment of locally decorated trees.
The festival is Nov. 16-21 at Northwood Church, 2672 James B. White Hwy. in Whiteville.
- Delightfully Made: Sweet Holiday Confections will be 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17. It offers a demonstration and presentation by chef Sarah Gore about edible gifts and will include a take-home sample. Tickets are $25 per person.
- Christmas through Song will be 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 18. It features a community choir singing classic songs to kick off the holiday season. Chili and salad will be served. Tickets are $10 per person.
- The Ugly Sweater Party will be 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 19. Put on your tackiest sweater creations and join in an evening of live music and appetizers. Tickets are $25 per person.
- This year’s Holiday Luncheon will be 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20. The luncheon will feature best-selling author Jason Wright who will share his inspirational and moving message about the “Christmas Jars” movement. He will also do a book signing with “Christmas Jars” available for purchase. Tickets are $35 per person or $250 for a table of eight.
- Breakfast with Santa will have two seating times at 8:30 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 21. Tickets for children younger than 12 are $5 and adults are $7.
“This year, we wanted to continue our tradition of offering special events in addition to the tree display,” Lindsey Champion, Lower Cape Fear Hospice development manager, said. “We have put together events that will appeal to all ages, and we’re excited to have best-selling author Jason Wright as the luncheon speaker. Breakfast with Santa is always a sold-out event. It’s something many families look forward to every year. We’ve also added a few new events to keep the festival fresh.”
Tickets for special events throughout the week must be purchased in advance and all include admission for the display of trees.
“Many of the events sell out quickly, so those wishing to participate shouldn’t wait to purchase their tickets,” Champion said.
The Festival of Trees display will be open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 16-21. General admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children younger than 12.
Tree sponsorships are still available. For more information, contact Debra Walters at 910-445-3071.
For more information about the festival, events and tickets, call 796-8009 ext. 6 or visit www.hospicefestivaloftrees.org.
Lower Cape Fear Hospice is a nonprofit agency that provides healthcare and comfort to people with advanced illnesses; support and counseling to families; and education to the community in Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, Onslow and Pender counties in North Carolina; and Horry County in South Carolina. For more information, visit www.lcfh.org or facebook.com/lcfhospice
Share on social media with link: https://bladenonline.com/?p=31337