The Bladen County Health Department, in partnership with Bladen Safe Kids and Health Resources and Services Administration, has scheduled Drug Take Back events April 10-15 at various locations.
If there are unused or expired medications in the medicine cabinet, then the Drug Take Back events allow for the drugs to be properly disposed.
The locations and times for the Drug Take Back events are:
• Monday, April 10, Bladen Medical Clarkton, 10 a.m.-noon
• Tuesday, April 11, Ammon Fire Dept., 10 a.m.-noon
• Wednesday, April 12, Bladen Medical White Lake, 10 a.m.-noon
• Thursday, April 13, Bladenboro Medicine Shoppe, 10 a.m.-noon
• Friday, April 14, Kelly Fire Dept., 10 a.m.-noon
• Saturday, April 15, Anderson Drug Store, Elizabethtown, 10 a.m.-noon
Also, a drop box is located at the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office at 299 Smith Circle, Elizabethtown.
According to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, from 2019-2021 there were 51 lives lost to overdose in Bladen County.