03/21/2019
  • 11:57 am Bladen’s Best of the Best for 2019
  • 11:35 am Updated news about Bladen County Election Investigations
  • 8:05 am Thoughts While Shaving
  • 8:04 am This Day in History – March 21
  • 10:41 pm Conner’s Law passes the NC House
  • 10:14 pm Boys TennisWhiteville 8, East Bladen 1
  • 10:13 pm East Bladen 10, West Columbus 0 Girls Soccer
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail
Thoughts While Shaving

Lest we forget, Uncle Sam wants to hear from you and me prior to April 15.  Hopefully the new tax law passed by Congress will be kind to all.  Time will tell.

Looking forward to clear skies and temps in the 70s, but not today.

Weather forecast for today….Cloudy, high near 53, breezy and a 60 percent chance of rain.  Tonight, low around 50 and rising overnight to upper 50s and a 40 percent chance of rain.

Sunday, showers likely, could be a thunderstorm mid afternoon with a high of 76.  Windy, with gusts as high as 32 mph and 60 percent chance of rain with amounts less than a tenth of an inch.

Beginning Sunday evening, skies clear for a few days.

Let’s pretend it’s vacation time….your best vacation location ever?????  And location for vacation still on your ‘bucket’ list?

Did you see where San Diego Padres signed Manny Machado to a 10-year contract worth $300 million, the largest ever in the history of North American sports…..

At the other end of the spectrum, New England Patriots owner, Robert Kraft indicted for ‘fooling around at a spa”, actually soliciting another to commit prostitution in Florida.  He denies, but police say they have photos……His team won the Super Bowl a month or so ago.  Kraft, 77 years old is worth several billions.

We are still about 5 to 6 weeks from the last frost (average) in this area…..about March 28.

For those who follow the stock market, Dow Jones closed over 26,000 Friday (26,032), first time since November, 2018.

It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.  Mark Twain

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.  Maya Angelou

The more you are grateful for what you have the more you have to be grateful for.  Zig Ziglar

robert g hester

rgh4612@gmail.com

910-876-2322

Share:
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail
bladenonline

RELATED ARTICLES