by Bladen Online Team
Every Thursday, the BladenOnline Team publishes a new video with recipes. In last week’s video, Nicole, Charlotte, Paul, and Danna celebrated National German Chocolate Cake Day!
Following are the ingredients and directions the team gave in the video.
For the cake base:
- 13×9 baking dish.
- Two cups (280 grams) of All-purpose flour.
- 1/4 cup (21 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder.
- One teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1 cup boiling water.
- Four ounces unsweetened baking chocolate.
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional and also recommended)
- Two cups (400 grams) of granulated sugar.
- Four large eggs.
- 1 cup canola oil.
- Two teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Three large egg yolks.
- Eight ounces evaporated milk.
- 1 1/2 cups (323 grams) lightly packed brown sugar.
- Four ounces (113 grams, one stick) unsalted butter.
- One teaspoon vanilla.
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your dish.
- Combine your dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and safe for later. Tip: Spoon your flour into the measuring cup so that you won’t get too much flour. Tip 2: You can double your baking powder and omit the salt if you’re out of baking soda.
- Boil water. Then add chocolate and espresso to it. Let the hot water melt the ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Then pour the boiled water over a recipient and cover it. Let it sit for about ten minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chocolate water with the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extracts. Tip: Crack your eggs in a separate container to make sure they are good and won’t have a shell.
- Pour your well-mixed chocolate in with the dry ingredients.
- Beat it using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Put the mixture into the greased baking dish. Place the container into the oven for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Check it after 25 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks, the evaporated milk, and the brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the butter and warm over medium-high heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture thickens for about 10 minutes.
- Displace it from the heat and stir in the vanilla salt, the coconut, and the pecans.
Ice the cake with the frosting and wait until five minutes for it to cool down.
This week, the team prepared a Mississippi Cake! Next week, Bladen Online will publish the ingredients and directions from the video.
We hope you enjoy your dessert and have a great experience cooking!
Also, we invite you to watch our Weekly Recipe Videos on the Bladen Online Youtube Channel.