The Small Business Center of Bladen Community College will offer a no-cost seminar lunch-and-learn series “Agribusiness Bootcamp.” The daily seminars will be held Monday, June 21st to Friday, June 25th from 12:00 – 2:00 PM. at Bladen Community College, Workforce Development Building (#14), Teaching Auditorium.
Roxanne Reed, founder of the new “Farm School on Wheels” FSOW will present a shortened version of a longer agribusiness development program.
Roxanne has more than 25 years of small business, entrepreneurship, and economic development experience, and currently serves as the principal at Granit Training Group.
Seminar classes will be held as follows:
- Monday, June 21st begins with “Legal Structure and Framework” a seminar on setting up corporate legal structures for farm businesses.
- Tuesday, June 22nd continues with “Site Analysis and Potential.”
- Wednesday, June 23rd, Roxanne will bring the Farm School on Wheels to campus with her team and present “Financial Planning to Maximize Your Profits.”
- Thursday, June 24th, “Marketing and Your Customers” will focus on building a reliable customer base.
- Friday, June 25th, Roxanne will highlight “Business Operations and HR.”
Bring your own lunch. Drinks and refreshments will be provided.
FSOW has partnerships with key players in the agri-business community such as the NC Cooperative Extension, Bladen Community College, the Small Business Center Network, and more.
“The Farm School on Wheels is an exciting resource to enhance the Business of Farming Program offered through our Bladen Community College Small Business Center(SBC). As we partner to support the program, BCC SBC can offer the technical skills and long-term support,” said Todd Lyden, Director, Bladen Community College SBC.
The FSOW mobile unit will be on campus and a “greet and meet” will be held to introduce the program at noon on Wednesday, June 23rd. The Series is open to the public and is sponsored by the Small Business Center of Bladen Community College. Attendance for each seminar is not required.
To register for any or all of the seminars, contact Todd Lyden, Small Business Center Director, at 910-879.5572 or register online: https://www.ncsbc.net/events.aspx?mode=4¢er=75040
For those interested in a more in-depth program of study, please consider the BCC agribusiness two-year degree. For more information, visit our website at www.bladencc.edu