Coastal Horizons Center has an opportunity for a Mobile Care Unit Driver to serve Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus Counties. Coastal Horizons Center is expanding services with two mobile care units providing outpatient mental health, substance use disorder, and select primary care services to individuals in underserved areas. The Mobile Care Unit Driver is responsible for driving and properly locating a 30ft mobile medical clinic on time, fully operational, and neat and clean in appearance. The Mobile Unit Driver will also perform general support activities as required by the Mobile Unit Coordinator including managing all mechanical needs of the unit.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Safely drive the mobile care unit to facilities in compliance with CHC policies and DOT regulations (must feel comfortable driving RV style unit).
- Perform mobile unit set-up, teardown, and preparation procedures.
- Perform minor unit repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Maintain adequate station supplies at all times, in conjunction with the Mobile Unit Coordinator
- Participate with other team members in daily and weekly cleaning of the mobile unit.
- Coordinate with Mobile Care Unit Coordinator and community partners unit arrival, location, time, power/water hook-up, and waste disposal
- Possession of good communication skills, along with the patience and tact necessary for contacts with clients, patients, both adult and children, and their caregivers.
- Must be reliable and capable of working independently and remaining calm in case of emergency.
Education and Experience:
- Must hold a current valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) drivers license and have an excellent driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent and fluency in English required. Depending on assigned area, knowledge of Spanish would be helpful.
- Satisfactory completion of a NCI training, de-escalation training, ability to use GPS technology, or demonstrated competence based on previous employment experience.
- Satisfactory completion of CPR, first-aid, and other related trainings required, or possession of a certification of prior successful completion of such training.
Coastal Horizons is now offering a 5K sign-on bonus for Mobile Clinic Driver with a year commitment and an additional 5K if the staff stays for one year.