The Elizabethtown Kiwanis Club was organized in 1954 and has served the Bladen County community for over 60 years. The club is a collaboration of men and women from our community, school teachers, coaches, college instructors, business people, farmers, and business owners, who dedicate their time to support the children of Bladen County. Together the club strives to better our community and our world through education, guidance, example, and leadership. Their motto is, ”improving the world, one child and one community at a time”.
The club is primarily youth oriented. Some of their current projects are:
- Kiwanis cottage at Lake Waccamaw Boys and Girls’ Home
- Scholarships at East and West Bladen High Schools
- East Bladen Athletic Booster Club
- Co-sponsor with the County Agriculture Extension on Farm-City banquet
- International Eliminate Project
- Dublin Boy Scout Troop 622 Sponsor
- Scholarship to Soil and Water Conservation camp each
If you ever wondered how you could contribute or give back to the community, consider joining the Kiwanis Club. The club meets at 7 pm each month on the first and third Tuesday at Cape Fear Farmer’s Market. For more information visit their Facebook page.
Back Row – Left to Right
Middle Row – Left to Right
Gary Cooper – District Governor
Front Row – Left to Right
Greg McDonald – Division 26 Lt. Governor