The Small Business Center (SBC) of Bladen Community College is offering no-cost seminars in October.
Two special topic seminars will kick off the month. The following seminars will be held on the Main Campus in Building 2, Room 207:
– “How to Purchase and Rent Your Own Property” is offered on Thursday October 1 from 6:30-9:00 P.M. Whether you are seeking part-time income from rental properties you own or a career in real estate investing, this seminar will guide you towards your success.
– “How to Grow a Business as a Self-Published Author” is being held on Thursday October 15 from 6:30 – 9:00 PM. Presenter Annette Dunlap has over 30 years of experience in marketing and business planning as a published author of two books, with a third book due out in August 2016 and a fourth book under contract.
The “Entrepreneurs’ Academy” monthly series continues at the Bladen County Public Library in Elizabethtown. On October 13 at 2:30 to 4:30 PM, the series continues with “How to Find Your Customers,” an excellent seminar for start-ups and existing small businesses!
The “Entrepreneurs’ Academy” concludes on the Main Campus on Mondays starting October 12 from 4:00 to 6:30 PM. The series will meet on the following dates:
– 10/12 – “Financing Your Business”
– 10/19 – “How to Find Your Customers”
– 10/26 – “Marketing Your Business”
– 11/02 – “How to Write a Business Plan”
Finally, a monthly series of Non-Profit seminars will be held at the East Arcadia Center at 6:30 to 8:30 PM on the following dates with these topics:
– 10/13 – “Fundamentals of Fundraising”
– 11/10 “Developing a Board That’s Onboard”
– 12/08 “Business Side of a Non-Profit Organization”
All seminars are open to the public and provided at no charge due to special funding arrangements for the Small Business Center and Bladen Community College.
To register for any of the seminars or for more information, contact Todd Lyden, Small Business Center Director, at 910-879.5572 or register online: