Duke Energy is advancing a smarter energy future. Solar energy is part of that future and will help meet our customers’ evolving energy needs. We’re working to ensure solar continues to grow in North Carolina for the benefit of all our customers.
Building a Cleaner Energy Future for our NC Customers
– North Carolina is No. 2 in the country for installed solar, trailing
– Duke Energy is developing our own large-scale solar projects in
North Carolina for the benefit of our customers, while also bringing
hundreds of other projects on line.
– In total, we have connected more than 2,500 megawatts (MW) of
solar energy to our energy grid in North Carolina. At peak times, that
could power almost a half-million homes.
– We currently own and operate more than 35 solar facilities in
North Carolina totaling more than 500 MW of capacity. It’s a total
investment of more than $1 billion.
– More than 8,000 North Carolina customers have rooftop solar
connected to our system.
– Through a $300,000 investment in the NC GreenPower Solar in
Schools program, we are providing funding for solar installations and
curriculums at schools within the Duke Energy Carolinas footprint.
NC Renewable Law Enables More Solar Growth and
– The Competitive Energy Solutions law, which was enacted in June
2017, supports Duke Energy’s commitment to deliver reliable and
increasingly clean energy to customers.
– Through this legislation, Duke Energy and third parties have
an opportunity to develop more solar for the state through a
competitive process that will provide improved economic and
operational efficiencies for our customers.
We also offer residential and business customers solar energy programs, creating meaningful ways for them
Our portfolio of programs include:
– Solar rebates that provide incentives to residential and nonresidential customers for small customer-owned
or -leased solar energy facilities
– Leasing that allows customers to adopt solar at little to no upfront costs
– Community solar that provides customers who are unable or choose not to install solar on their property the
opportunity to benefit from a renewable resource
– Large customer programs that allow our large business customers to meet their renewable and sustainability
goals by obtaining renewable energy through Duke Energy or other suppliers