Avian influenza informational meetings to be held for backyard poultry ownersbladenonline 08/25/2015 0 COMMENTS
RALEIGH – The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is holding five regional meetings to inform backyard poultry owners about the highly pathogenic avian influenza virus that is expected to be introduced in the state this fall.
Veterinarians with NCDA&CS and the N.C. State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences will give an overview of the U.S. outbreak and how North Carolina is planning to protect commercial poultry and small flocks. They will also answer questions about the registry for backyard flock owners and provide more information about how backyard and small-flock owners can protect their flocks from potential infection.
The meetings will be held in from 1 to 3 p.m. at each location. Pre-registration is available at the NC Dept. of Agriculture website.
The meetings are as follows:
* Sept. 1, Guilford County Center, 3309 Burlington Road, Greensboro
Contact: Karen Neill, 336-641-2400
* Sept. 2, Union County Center, 3230 Presson Road, Monroe
Contact: Kelly Liddington, 704-283-2801
* Sept. 4, Nash County Center, 1006 Eastern Ave., Nashville
Contact: Charlie Tyson, 252-459-9810
* Sept. 8, Duplin County Center, 165 Agriculture Dr., Kenansville
Contact: Amanda Hatcher, 910-296-2143
* Sept. 11, Burke County Center, 130 Ammons Dr., Morganton
Contact: Spring Williams, 828-439-4460
Share on social media using the short code: https://bladenonline.com/?p=23561Share: