The Bladen County Emergency Services announced Bladen County Shelters will be opening at 12:00 pm Noon on Wednesday 9/12/2018.
The locations of the shelters are as follows;
• East Bladen High School, 5600 NC-87 E, Elizabethtown, NC 28337
• West Bladen High School, 1600 NC-410, Bladenboro, NC 28320
• Bladen Lakes Elementary School, 9554 Johnsontown Rd, Elizabethtown, NC 28337
• East Arcadia Elementary School, 21451 NC-87 E, Riegelwood, NC 28456
BARTS will be available for transportation to the shelters beginning at 08:30pm Wednesday. Please contact them at 910-862-6930. Residents are encouraged to contact them early as they will not be available after the winds reach a sustained 25 miles/hour.
Residents with special needs, such as oxygen dependent, are encouraged to go to West Bladen High School. Residents who require assistance at home with personal care, feeding, wound care; or who are bed bound, are requested to have their caregiver accompany them to continue providing this care. If you use any special medical equipment such as an oxygen machine, nebulizers please bring them with you. West Bladen High School shall also be the location of the pet friendly shelter. Please remember to bring the following items with you to the shelter;
• Personal Medicines/ Medical Supplies/ Bottled Water
• Ready to Use Baby Formula/Milk/ Snacks/Treats. Please make sure all food is prepackaged, ready to use; no home cooked foods.
• Canned Foods/Can Opener/ Diapers/Wipes
• Toilet Paper
• Feminine Products/ Flashlight/ Batteries
• Soap (liquid)
• Paper Towels
• Tissue/ Toothbrush/Toothpaste/ Brush/Comb/Pillow/Blanket
• 2-3 Days Change of Clothes/ Dentures/Dental Adhesive /Glasses/Contacts
• Hearing Aids/ Radio
• First Aid Supplies
• Air Mattress/Sleeping Bag/ Reading Material/Games
• Important papers, driver’s license, identification.
To report downed trees and power lines, please contact the Bladen County Emergency Operations Center at 910-862-7809.
Residents in low lying areas are encouraged to go to the shelters.
Stay tuned to your local and social media channels.Share: